The Sail Cradle was not
built as just another "Lazy Jack" system but
was designed and engineered as a better mousetrap.
Using data from a spreadsheet
program of luff and foot measurements along with mast
height and boom length of over 50 boats of every foot
length from 16' to 43', we were able to create six kits
that cover all these boat sizes. This has allowed us to
assemble kits on a semi-custom basis using quality line,
hardware, etc. at an affordable price. If your boat is
an extremely short rig 28' sloop, or an unusually tall
rig 31' sloop, a step up or a step down in kit size should
take care of it. Our database can assist in this choice.
If your boat is under 16'
or over 43' or if you have an extra long boom, tall rig,
catch rig, or Cat boat, etc., a kit can be built to meet
your special needs. Just call us, we will be happy to
do it for you!
A unique mainsail handlind system that, once installed
and deployed, allows you top drop your mainsail into a
3-stage cradle system that does the following:
- Lets you drop and secure the main quickly, then finish
the job back in the quiet of your harbor or after dropping
- A great aid to single/short handed sailors or couples.
- Keeps the mainsail from spilling off the boom and
onto the deck. The main will stay clean longer.
- Stows against the mast while sailing or not in use.
- No modifications to the mainsail.
- No lines to catch or interfere when hoisting the
main or while sailing.
- Does not interfere with running back stays.
- Works will with conventional, ful batten sails or
sails with no battens.
- No lines in the way if you have to reef the mainsail.
- No modifications to the mainsail cover.
- Fits single or sultiple spreader rigs.
- Deplays quickly when needed.
- All stainless and marine hardware, plus a high-grade
double braided polyester line and a highbred marine
grade shock cord, both are UV treated.
- All kits come with appropriate fasteners, drill bits,
taps, screws, instructions, & a tube of Maralube
- 7 kit sizes to fit your boat.
SIZES AND PRICING
|Model 90 for boats 16' up to 19'
|Model 101 for boats 20' up to 23'
|Model 202 for boats 24' up to 27'
|Model 303 for boats 28' up to 31'
|Model 404 for boats 32' up to 35'
|Model 505 for boats 36' up to 39'
|Model 606 for boats 40' up to 43'
|Model 303 for boats 44' and over
||done on a custom basis