Dacron sails are cleaned at .95 per sq. ft. up to 450 sq. ft. Over that the cost is $1.00 per sq. ft. up to 600 sq. ft. Above 600 sq. ft. you need to call for pricing. Nylon sails such as spinnakers are only washed. The charge is .40 per sq. ft.
Repairs and/or modifications are performed at $48.00 per hour + parts and/or material used. Some modifications have set prices.
See the savings for yourself! The chart below shows some average costs of the LeMauney Process compared to the average price of a new sail.
Ground Rules for Shipping
- NOTE: Upon arrival at our loft your sails will be measured for square footage and then inspected for any repairs or adjustments that we feel are needed in addition to any repairs or modifications that you would like us to address.
- We receive sails via UPS, FedEx, DHL & USPS, all seem to work well. Over 200 customers a year personally bring in their sails for processing or stop by for parts and accessories from our store. Be careful using “Pack & Send” type of places, the extras could add up. I would go easy on the insurance, as we have had only one sail lost in 23 years.
- We use FedEx to return your sails when they are finished.
- CLICK HERE for information on how to fold sails for shipping.
- CLICK HERE for our Sail Cleaning Form. Fill it out, print it, sign it, and send it in the box with your sails.
- Please do not ship the sails with the battens in the pockets as they may get broken in shipping and could cause damage to the sail.
- Please do not pack the sails with “PEANUTS” as they are not needed and are a nightmare in the loft, and are costly to dispose of.
- Only send the sail bags if you want the bag repaired or cleaned.
- Any hardware that you can remove would be greatly appreciated, except slides or hanks.
- Lengths of line that are attached to the sail will be removed because they can get lost. If your sail comes in tied up with some line or bungie cords, they will be discarded.
- Insignias, numbers, and draft stripes that are stuck to the sail may need to be sewn down before processing if it is determined that they might dislodge or come further loose when processing, and there is a charge for this.
- Initial inspection before processing does not always reveal all the issues that need to be dealt with on your sail.
- After processing your sail is again inspected. If additional issues surface you will be notified and advised before we proceed. (You can’t see all the nicks and scratches in the paint of a car until after it’s been cleaned.)
- Laminate sails, Mylar/Kevlar,cannot be processed. Some can be repaired or modified, however, so please call before you send them.
- send sails to SailCare, 410 9th Street, Ford City, PA 16226